Friday, September 18, 2009
Patrick Swayze Dies
Actor Patrick Swayze died. NY Daily News:
Cancer hit him like a "cruel joke," but actor Patrick Swayze, who died Monday, believed he still got the last laugh.
"I began thinking to myself, I've had more lifetimes than any 10 people put together, and it's been an amazing ride," he wrote in his soon-to-be released memoir, "The Time of My Life," co-written with wife Lisa Niemi.
The "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost" star died Monday after a 20-month battle with pancreatic cancer.
Swayze, who was 57, wrote that while he felt "determined to live until a cure was found," he knew the odds against him likely were insurmountable.
"So this is okay," he wrote of dying.
And of course, if you can find it - there's several sites hosting it but they are often deleted because of copyright violation - his "Saturday Night Live" sketch with the late Chris Farley where they are competing as Chippendale Dancers is, I think, hysterically funny.
Full filmography here.
Rest in Peace.
May God give his family peace..
Sorry for the absence, Dave, but I was in my vacations!
But now I am back, and with me comes my religion-clinging, gun-cliging mood!
How have you been?
Well welcome back from vacation! You and your comments have indeed been missed.
All okay here. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Did you do anything special or visit any fun places on vaca?
Bless you back, my friend!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.