Friday, September 25, 2009
Firefox, yours was Blind love on my part. Unconditional love. You made IE look like the bloated useless slag of a cyberboat anchor that it was and will forever be. You were so damn attractive. Hot! Sizzle! And in time, the burn.
I don't want the latest version of FF to automatically alphabetize my bookmarks, thank you very much. And I don't what FF is becoming; a more bloated, IE-like browser. What happened to you, Firefox? You got comfortable, didn't you? You're getting fat...you're just thinking of more and more add-ons that make you look fat. No, it's not the outfit that is making you look fat.
Please stop morphing into IE. Please. I want the lean, mean, machine that FF used to be. Otherwise...I may go Chrome.
Anyone else feel like I do? Is Chrome the new Firefox? If you've switched from FF to Chrome because you think FF has become too IE-ish, leave a comment. Let us all know if you like Chrome or not.
Let me know.
Thanks for commenting and visiting! I have limited time tonight, but checked out your blog and like what I see. I will stop by more often in the near future.
The 3.5 version of Firefox doesn;t work with Google too well, either, but I think that is because Google has tried to take them down.
All that said, I hesitate to surrender any more of my life to Google right now, maybe tomorrow.
I hesitate to surrender any more of my life to Google right now.
There are many complaints out there on FF 3.5. I just don't like it. I may have to switch to Chrome. How is it with security? Better than IE (what wouldn't be!) and not as good as FF? Is that a fair guesstimate?
What I did was simply reinstall 3.0 FF, we are at 3.0.14 update now and I cannot tell any difference with 3.0.13. Does FF not have that still available for download?
Things will be much better since the government is great at running things.
But...so far I like Chrome, haven't had any problems with it. Yeah, it's a tad stripped down, but that works for me.
Thanks! I will DL those and try them out. I miss the days of the old FF, when it was a clean machine and not so IE'ed up.
Safari is okay, I have nothing against the Appleites or the Mac'ers. ;-)
Heh! Honestly...when DOES the govt release their sanctioned and govt approved browser? Ugh, we shouldn't even joke about something like this, I could see it turning true with Obama and the Fascists in charge!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.