Friday, July 31, 2009
New Jersey Sting Nets Almost Exclusively Corrupt Democrat Pols
New Jersey has never been short of corruption scandals, but the one that unfolded yesterday was surprising even by the standards of the state that inspired "The Sopranos."
Federal agents swept across New Jersey and New York on Thursday, charging 44 people -- including mayors, rabbis and even one alleged trafficker in human kidneys -- in a decadelong investigation into public corruption and international money laundering.
The arrests in the public-corruption portion of the probe included the Democratic mayors of Hoboken and Secaucus, Peter Cammarano III and Dennis Elwell; Republican state Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt; and Democrat Leona Beldini, the deputy mayor of Jersey City.
Altogether, 44 people were arrested Thursday, stemming from the investigation into the sale of black-market kidneys and fake Gucci handbags that evolved into a sweeping probe of corruption in New Jersey.
Among them were 29 New Jersey public officials, including three mayors, two state assemblymen, several city council members, local commissioners and regulatory inspectors. All but one of the officeholders are Democrats.
Image via Snafugear
Wow. We'd sure be hearing a lot about this case if the majority politicians arrested were Republicans, huh? Yeah, the Insane Liberal Clown Posse (ILCP) on the LefTardOsphere and the MSM would be going craaaaa-zeeeeeeee, cackling and hyping the story to no end, painting it with their usual broad brush as completely and accurately representing the entire Republican Party.
But, since the MSM yawns and fawns all over its own, the political association of the Corrupt Democrats in the above story is a moot point.
Democrats: The Genuine Party of Corruption!
And oh how the MSM would play this story up if it those charged were all Repubs. CNN would have to start another new cable channel just to report on it.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.