Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Pre-Cut Tape Strips
...because - apparently - pulling out a section of tape and, mind you, doing the arduous and exhaustive labor of tearing that tape strip off the little, plastic, wedge-forked thingy is work that Americans will not do.
Oh, I know the argument. What if you need to use both hands when wrapping something? It's easier to have a pre-cut strip of tape. Yeah, this is one on life's greatest, most confounding issues that simply does not have an answer. Good Christ, we cannot be expected to tear off a strip or two of tape and then move to the wrapping process, can we?
SNL had a skit way back (maybe with the original cast?) that took place in a store in a mall. The store was Scotch Tape World. They only sold those red plaid packs of tape.
I do remember the scotch tape store from SNL.
The shark has jumped. Honestly!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.