Monday, May 25, 2009
I'm simply repeating what I've done for the last few years on Memorial Day and on Veterans Day because I cannot, in any way, do better than what was written below by Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC:
"It's the soldier, not the reporter who has given us
Freedom of the Press.
It's the soldier, not the poet, who has given us
Freedom of Speech.
It's the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the
Freedom to Demonstrate.
It's the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the
Right to a Fair Trial.
It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves under the flag and
Whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who gives the protester the right to burn the flag."
Labels: Memorial Day
God bless the cause of freedom.
God bless all those brave american men and women who have travelled many kms to fight in lands they did not know, around people they did not know, who spoke a language they did not know..
Oh Lord Jesus, Creator of all things, we thank You for every single soul You have brought forth from the land of free and home of the brave to fight in our european continent, to remove from us the yoke of evil (Socialist Hitler, communism, and many other evils).
We ask You, Lord, that in this time where these brave soldiers are being attacked by the man who was suposed to lead them, that their arms do not faint, but stand strong. But if their arms faint, we ask You Lord Jesus, that as You prepared men to hold Moses’ arms in the war against the Amalekites, that You prepare men and women from all over the earth to up hold the arms of those who fight for other ppl’s freedom.
Mats, beautiful words on your first comment.
We owe so much to all who fought for freedom and those who gave their lives for our freedom, those in the U.S. Military and those in the Military of our Allies during both World Wars, through Korea, Vietnam, Iraq/Kuwait and now Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as so many other conflicts and skirmishes. God bless them and their families.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.