Saturday, May 02, 2009
Jeff Rosato, Aide To Barbara Boxer Receives Five Year Sentence For Child Porn
Jeff Rosato (pictured above) was arrested last November and charged with distributing and receiving child pornography. Rosato was an aide to California's Democrat U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer.
Rosato has been sentenced to five years in federal prison. SFGate:
A former aide to Sen. Barbara Boxer was sentenced today to five years in federal prison for receiving child pornography.
Jeff Rosato, 32, of Arlington, Va., who was remanded into custody after pleading guilty in January, must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III said at a hearing in Alexandria, Va.
"He lost everything he worked so hard to achieve up to this point in his life. Rosato is keenly aware of the consequences of his actions and the new choices he must make for himself and his future from this point forward," Lavonda Graham-Williams, an attorney for Rosato, wrote in a sentencing memorandum in which she asked the judge to impose the minimum sentence of five years.
Federal prosecutors sought a sentence of between 6 1/2 years and just over eight years.
Rosato was arrested in November and was promptly fired by Boxer's office.
He went to work as a legislative assistant in the Democratic senator's personal office in 2005 after working as a staff assistant for Sen. Bob Torricelli, D-N.J. In 2007, he became a senior policy adviser and counsel to the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, which Boxer chairs.
He focused on issues including endangered species, water policy and oceans. His congressional salary was $101,020 in 2007.
In November, FBI agents searched his home and confiscated four laptop computers, a desktop computer and two external hard drives. One of the laptops contained 200 images of child pornography, FBI Special Agent Chad Gallagher wrote in an affidavit.
"Many of the images and videos depict prepubescent boys engaged in sexual acts," Gallagher wrote.
Ahhhhh...Those Good Olde Fashioned Democrat Family Values! So refreshing, yes?
In DemoPervert-related news, James Michael McHaney, one time aide to John Kerry, Dick Gephardt and Maria Cantwell - all Democrats - received a three year prison sentence for possession of child pornography in October, 2008. I'm a bit late in updating his case.
Ahhhhh...Those Good Olde Fashioned Democrat Family Values!
Remember, all you good Liberals and Progressives out there, when Rosato and McHaney and others like them are released from prison, it is your duty to hire them and give them jobs. After all, they are fully rehabilitated. We know this is true, because this is what you tell us. You need a babysitter or someone to watch your underage children, don't you? Well, why not hire Rosato-McHaney Daycare Services?
Labels: Various Democrat Perverts
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.