Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Obama Death Toll Rising
United States-led coalition and Afghan troops killed five suspected militants during a raid in northern Afghanistan on Sunday, the coalition said in a statement. The local mayor offered a different version of the events, saying that his house had been targeted and that the dead included his cook and driver.
Two NATO-led soldiers were killed on Sunday in southern Afghanistan, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said.
ISAF said the deaths came during "a hostile incident." It didn't say what province the incident took place in and didn't disclose the troops' nationalities.
Four Canadian soldiers, only days away from returning home from Afghanistan, were killed and eight of their comrades were wounded shortly after dawn while participating in Canada's largest combat operation since the Korean War.
Have you noticed how the number of war dead has taken on such little significance now that Iraq and Afghanistan are Obama's Wars?
Pbama Cultist chants of, "No More Blood For Oil, Out of Iraq Now!, No More American Imperialism" certainly have subsided since January 20, 2009, huh?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.