Monday, March 09, 2009
No Election Certificate For Franken
Awwwwwwwwww. Poor little coke head! Angry, bitter, tax-cheat, Al Franken was denied an Election Certificate for stealing the election. Bemidji Pioneer:
The Minnesota Supreme Court today rejected Al Franken's demand to immediately become a U.S. senator.
Supreme Court justices today said there is no legal authority for them to order that a certificate be signed.
"We conclude that there is no federal statutory mandate that a state issue a certificate of election by the date designated by Congress for the commencement of newly elected senators’ terms," the court wrote in an opinion released this afternoon. "And because the Senate has authority to seat a senator without a state-issued certificate of election, application of ... (a state law) does not usurp the Senate’s power and does not conflict with federal law, either statutory or constitutional."
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.