Thursday, March 12, 2009
Matthew DePalma, RNC Terrorist Sentenced
To Three And One-Half Years Behind Bars
From WCCO News:
A Michigan man who allegedly came to Minnesota to attack the Republican National Convention has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison for possessing Molotov cocktails.
U.S. District Judge John Tunheim sentenced 23-year-old Matthew Bradley DePalma of Flint, Michigan, to 42 months in prison and three years of supervised release. He had previously pleaded guilty to possession of destructive devices.
DePalma had made at least five Molotov cocktails by the time he was arrested on Aug. 28 in a Minneapolis apartment. He had allegedly told an FBI informant he planned to attack the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, where the Republican convention was held, and described a plan to use the fire bombs on police.
DePalma had faced a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison.
Is give peace a chance...."
Matthew's best friend for the next 3.5 years.
So...let me get this right, Matt is not the kind of person who would allow anyone to tell him what to do? While I realize MN prison might be rather upscale than others, I doubt if Matt will be the toughest, meanest guy in the general pop. So he may be doing some things that he may not be all too happy about.
Why is your friend so destructive and violent? Why can't he protest peacefully? Why did he feel the need for Molotov cocktails? Isn't the Left all about peaceful protesting, embracing differences, acknowledging that we won't always agree all the time but that violence isn't the answer?
Why is Matt, and so many other Liberals like him, so violent? Maybe you can shed some light on this.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.