Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Ben Bernanke, 360 Spin In Less Than 30
February 18, 2009: Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke acknowledges the economy is bleak and idicators are "dismal." The New York Times:
The chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben S. Bernanke, vowed on Wednesday to do whatever it took to pull the economy out of its downward spiral, even as he acknowledged that the most recent indicators were “dismal.”
September 15, 2008: Republican Presidential candidate Senator John McCain says the fundamentals of our economy are strong.
Yet, later on September 15, 2008, Team Pbama attacked McCain's statement. The Atlantic:
McCain, speaking before a town hall meeting, said that "the fundamentals of our economy are strong" before adding the caution that "these are very, very difficult times and I promise you we will never put America in this position again."
An Obama aide calls the first part of McCain's sentence "an enormous mistake," and said that the campaign will seek to amplify the comment through surrogates, principles and maybe even television ads.
"Of course the fundamentals are sound," Obama economic adviser Christina Romer said Sunday.
When the Pbama Cultists say the same thing...well, you know the drill. Either Pbama Cultists are having to cut their tongues out these days or their ulcers are belching up record amounts of blood and stomach acid from burying and denying their hypocrisy.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.