Tuesday, March 31, 2009
40% Disapprove Of Geithner
A new Gallup Poll reflects 40% of American disapprove of the job being done by Treasury Secretary Timmy Tax Cheat Geithner:
Americans are split essentially down the middle when asked to assess the job Tim Geithner is doing as Treasury secretary: 42% say they approve, 40% disapprove, and 18% have no opinion.
Some critics have assailed the way in which Geithner has handled his responsibilities, especially relative to the AIG bonus controversy, and there have been calls for his resignation. Republican Rep. Connie Mack, one of those calling for his resignation, was quoted as saying "[Geithner] has lost the confidence of the American people." Nevertheless, Obama has continued to stand publicly behind his Treasury secretary.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.