Sunday, February 15, 2009
Taser Gun Inventor Dies
JACK Cover, an aerospace scientist who invented the controversial Taser stun gun now widely used by police, has died in southern California at the age of 88.
Mr Cover was suffering from Alzheimer's disease and died of pneumonia at a retirement home in Mission Viejo today.
Taser guns use electrical shocks to subdue unruly offenders, which supporters say helps reduce violence. Critics, however, have linked the device to a number of deaths.
"Jack was one of the most influential inventors of modern times who affected the lives of hundreds of thousands of law enforcement officers, citizens and even criminal suspects," CEO and founder of Taser International, Rick Smith, said.
Labels: Taser Guns
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.