Friday, January 30, 2009
Illinois Senate Unanimous Vote
Impeaching Rod Blagojevich
The Illinois Senate voted unanimously to impeach former Governor Rod Blagojevich. The senate also ruled unanimously that Blagojevich not be allowed to hold any future public office in Illinois.
Lieutenant Governor Pat Quinn is now set to replace Blagojevich as governor Illinois.
Senator Matt Murphy said that through Blagojevich’s speech “he reminded us today in real detail that he is an unusually good liar. He came here without any impunity and lied to every member of this chamber.”
“True character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking,” said Murphy. “He failed the test of character... he is no longer worthy to be governor.”
"Let's demand that President Obama fire Rahm Emanuel because Rahm Emanuel was the one who gave me this idea. If you're going to throw me out of office for something like this,then how can those guys stay in the offices that they have?"
What idea is that, Rod, the one to sell the Senate seat, the idea you said you never had, the idea you said never even occurred to you, even though you're on tape saying its for sale and that you want to make money from it?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.