Thursday, January 15, 2009
Geithner Confirmation Postponed
Timothy F. Geithner, the Prednint-sElect Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior's pick to head the Treasury Secretary is postponed and "in jeopardy." We know this must be true because it is being reported by the Liberal House Organ The WaPo:
Updated 12:28 p.m. [Wednesday, January 14, 2009]
By Shailagh Murray
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus said the confirmation hearing for Timothy F. Geithner would be held by next Wednesday, but added that the delay does not signal that Barack Obama's pick for treasury secretary is in jeopardy.
"He'll clearly get confirmed -- that's a given," Baucus told reporters this morning.
Geithner met with committee members yesterday to explain why he had made nearly $43,000 worth of mistakes on recent federal tax returns. He told the panel that the errors were unintentional, committed while he was working for the International Monetary Fund, which follows a different tax regime than U.S. companies.
But Sen. Charles Grassley (Iowa), ranking Republican on Finance, said he wasn't so sure of Geithner's fate. "I don't know at this point," said Grassley. "You want to wait and make a judgment after the hearing, because you don't know if another shoe is going to drop."
I love the excuses The Pbama Cultists are spinning for Geithner:
"Well, he paid his taxes." YEAH - AFTER HE WAS CAUGHT!
"Well, he fixed his problem of employing an illegal alien." YEAH - AFTER HE WAS CAUGHT!
Senate Majority Leader (heh...Leader!) CommieCRAT Harry ReidTard said Geithner's illegal activities were merely "hiccups."
Geither made "honest mistakes," according to CommieCRAT Senator Max Baucus, of Montana.
The IRS is part of the Treasury Department, and the person Pbama wants running it is a lawbreaker. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to "forget" to file quarterly taxes when you're working - as Geithner did - as an independent contractor for the International Monetary Fund? WSJ.com:
Timothy Geithner didn't pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for several years while he worked for the International Monetary Fund, and he employed an immigrant housekeeper who briefly lacked proper work papers.
The tax issue relates to Mr. Geithner's work for the International Monetary Fund between 2001 and 2004. As an American citizen working for the IMF, Mr. Geithner was technically considered self-employed and was required to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for himself as both an employer and an employee.
Pbama and his Fascist Pig nominees for his Fascist Pig Criminal Administration is at full speed.
Get ready, Pbama Cultists - you're going to be on the receiving end of being treated in exactly the same manner as you treated everyone who didn't drink your Kool-Aid over the past eight years.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.