Sunday, November 02, 2008
Obama Supporter, Professor Confesses
To Stealing McCain Lawn Signs
From KARE News:
A professor has confessed on a national blog to stealing Republican presidential campaign signs in southern Minnesota. Philip Busse wrote about the thefts on Huffington Post, a liberal news Web site and blog in a post dated Thursday. He is a visiting professor in the theater department at St. Olaf College in Northfield.
In the article titled "Confessions of a Lawn Sign Stealer," Busse admits to stealing seven McCain/Palin lawn signs along Hwy. 19 near St. Olaf.
In an e-mail to the Northfield News, Busse expressed remorse, saying it was "immature and impetuous." He says he is disappointed most readers have focused on the thefts and not the larger issues of his writing.
The Northfield Police Department says stealing political yard signs is treated as a misdemeanor, but complainants rarely decide to pursue charges.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.