Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Hallmark: When You Care Enough To
Send The Very Best Virus
The good folks at Hallmark have a page at their web site warning people about this issue.
I wouldn't open an attachment - e-card or otherwise - from anybody, even if I know the person. If my Mom sent me an e-card, it would go unopened.
I mark the e-card as Spam and every day I receive another e-card in my Spam folder. I am unfamiliar with the name of the sender, which ranges from "Joe" to Ooombugoota Kaphgrshiverni to a wide-ranging array of names that appear to come right out of the types of names associated with Nigerian e-mail scams. Yeah...uh-huh...like I'm going to open an e-mail, let alone the attachment, from someone like that. Not a chance.
I check the Spam folder in my e-mail just to make sure that something important from someone I know didn't, in error, end up in there. Then I empty the entire Spam folder without opening the e-mail. There's a lot of things that I don't know, but I'm not stupid and I'm not opening any attachment sent to me. Nor do I click on links within the text of e-mails.
On another note, if you've e-mailed me at DavidDrake3000, I have no idea what I did with my password to that account. It's pretty easy to contact me via e-mail if you know where to look on my blog to find my e-address. And anyone who REALLY needs to contact me can submit a comment. If it's a private matter, simply add in your comment that you would prefer I not publish your comment.
The Hallmark e-card sender is - I'm guessing here - some Liberal dimwit who doesn't like or agree with what I write on my blog. Perhaps it's an Obama Cultist who, rather than engaging in the comment section with intellectual debate on the issues, think they're going to rope me into opening an e-card. Well, this person or persons are even dumber than I think they are.
This is the best these losers can do. Instead of starting their own blog, they try to quash the Free Speech of those whose message they disagree. What a bunch of under-a-rock dwelling suckholers these people are.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.