Friday, September 26, 2008
Bill Clinton Continues Diss'n Obama
Bubba appearing on Thursday's "Good Morning America" praised Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain for temporarily suspending his campaign and returning to Washington to take part in the Wall Street bailout. ABC News:
Former President Bill Clinton defended Sen. John McCain's request to delay the first presidential debate, saying McCain did it in "good faith" and pushed organizers to reserve time for economy talk during the debate if the Friday plans move forward.
"We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates," Clinton said, adding that he was "encouraged" by the joint statement from McCain and Sen. Barack Obama.
"I presume he did that in good faith since I know he wanted -- I remember he asked for more debates to go all around the country and so I don't think we ought to overly parse that." [McCain did want more debates, but Obama chickened out. - Drake]
The former president thought Bush's address Wednesday night on the economic crisis had a "positive reaction".
"If we're trying to win in Florida, it may be that -- you know, they think that because of who I am and where my political base has traditionally been, they may want me to go sort of hustle up what Lawton Chiles used to call the cracker vote there," Clinton tells King. "But Sen. Obama also has a big stake in doing well in the Jewish community in Florida[.]"
The all important Cracka vote.
Not to be outdone in bigotry and racism, Florida Democrat Congressman Alcee Hastings said the following about Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin. International Business Times:
"Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."
Hastings spokesman David Goldenberg said the reference to “anybody toting guns and stripping moose” didn’t really mean “anybody” who totes a gun or strips a moose, but only meant Palin because “it’s how Sarah Palin defines herself.”
“It was not intended to be a knock on any hunter or sportsman,” Goldenberg said. “It was intended to use Sarah Palin’s terms the way she defines herself.”
Whew...The Obama Cultists are reaching new depths of desperation.
Oh Those Wacky Democrats! They're so tolerant! They have no prejudices or race or ethnic biases, do they? Their large political tent is open to everyone.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.