Friday, July 25, 2008
Yuan Fang, Obama Jumper
The WaPo reported on July 22 that a man, Yuan Fang...
...held police at bay for more than eight hours after climbing onto a seventh-floor ledge overlooking the atrium of a Senate building.
Yuan, who police said had limited understanding of English but spoke Mandarin, climbed over a protective barrier at the Hart Senate Office Building and onto the ledge about 5:45 p.m. Monday. Capitol police negotiators, working with a D.C. police translator, communicated with him. He left the ledge about 2 a.m. yesterday.
Yuan, of New York, was charged with disturbing the peace and was taken to St. Elizabeths Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.
No one yet knows why he threatened to jump, but I have a theory: Mr. Fang had a vision of what the country will be like under an Obama Administration and he didn't like what he saw...not at all.
Was the above too racist?
Naaaw, it's not racist. Now, if you had used "solly" for "sorry"...well, maybe then. ;-)
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.