Sunday, July 27, 2008
Republicans Successfully Block Dems
From Faux Gas Price Relief
Republicans stuck together and blocked a measure proposed by Democrats to release 70 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.
The Democrats express no interest in reducing the price of gasoline and will do everything they can to oppose it. We saw this when they refused to consider temporarily, for the summer, eliminating the federal gas tax. Doing this would save consumers, "only $20-$30 dollars," said the Democrats.
Well, depleting 70 million barrels of oil from the reserve is "only about a three-day supply." This translates into saving consumers basically nothing. This was a ridiculous proposal from the Dems as usual. It's the same as saying you're going to lose weight by going on a diet after stuffing and gorging yourself for three days. All it does is postpone the inevitable.
The Dems want to keep oil prices high and prevent our own domestic exploration and production of oil and natural gas. The Dems want to keep this issue alive for what they believe is their own political benefit.
Good; good for the Republicans in sticking together on this.
Selected recommended reading: Democrats’ attempt to tap strategic oil is shameful:
The Democratic leadership can’t answer American citizens’ demands because of their own desire to keep the United States from tapping its own oil resources, so they come up with this kind of nonsense.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.