Monday, July 28, 2008
Obama Snubs Landstuhl,
And Now We Know The Real Reason
There was one caveat. He couldn't bring the press and his sycophant reporters with him.
So - no press, no lackeys, no coverage - no visit to the Soldiers by Obama. Nice guy this Obama fellow is, huh?
Instead of visiting U.S. Soldiers without his entourage, he went off to the gym. Or went shopping. Or night-clubbing. Or some combination of those. Who knows, who cares.
New York Times columnist David Brooks calls Obama's speeches a, "saccharine show for the rock concert masses, and in Berlin his act jumped the shark."
Heh - Obama jumped the shark. Maybe Obama will attempt a shark jump like Fonzie?
"Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Mrs. Cunningham, come watch me jump the shark."
Brooks ends his column with, "But [Obama's] optimism without reality isn't eloquence. It's Disney."
Obama told another blatant lie while in Europe. He said he is a member of the Senate Banking Committee. His exact words, in talking about a bill that had passed, were: "we passed" just last week tightening sanctions against Iran in the Senate Banking Committee -- "my committee." "My committee."
The problem with his statement? It's a shameless - shameless - lie. He's not a member of the Senate Banking Committee, never has been.
Obama. All hype, no substance. A performer worthy of Barnum and Baily's Center Ring, but not a candidate worthy of occupying the White House.
By the way, has anyone seen Obama not wearing the U.S. Flag lapel pin in the last I-don't-know-how-many months? When he wasn't wearing one his excuse was that he doesn't need to wear one to prove his loyalty to his country.
Now, he's never seen without one, likely wearing one on his pajama's if he wear them. And if he doesn't wear them, maybe he's pinning that flag pin directly into his flesh.
Good stuff TD, good stuff!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.