Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Mmmmm-mmmmm, Hussein's Yellow Cake
Even Despots Love Yellowcake!
Saddam Hussein, that jolly old fellow, had yellow cake. Blogger News Net:
It’s official. There were WMD’s in Iraq. Not fully developed WMD’s, but the infrastructure, scientists, and supplies available waiting for sanctions to be lifted and voila, Saddam back to normal.
It seems the presence of the yellow cake, which was not concentrated enough to make a bomb but could be used to make a “dirty bomb” was known to the US government and US Army and even the UN, but it’s presence was not publicized for fear that it would be looted. And there was quite a bit of the stuff lying around: 550 metric tons of it.
More from AFP:
The yellow cake was discovered by US troops after the 2003 US invasion of Iraq at the Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Facility south of Baghdad, and was placed under the control of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Yellow cake is a form of processed uranium ore that can be used to make fuel for nuclear reactors, or if further enriched as fuel for nuclear weapons.
Whitman said the Iraqi government asked the United States for help in selling and transferring the uranium to another country.
Cameco, a Canadian company, agreed to buy the yellowcake for a reported sum in the tens of millions of dollars.
Oh it's always Reagan's fault for the Dems. When it's not his it's Nixon's fault. Or HW Bush. Or Limbaugh. Or Joe Lieberman. Christ. The Left is such a bunch of sniveling pussies.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.