Sunday, June 15, 2008
Tim Russert Dead At 58
To some extent, I'm rather ambivalent over the death of NBC's "Meet The Press" host Tim Russert. The media coverage of his death is overkill. He wasn't a King or Queen or Head of State. But as usual, the Media fawns and falls all over itself with over-the-top coverage when one of their own dies.
I'm rather ambivalent over the death of Tim Russert while the Lefty Side of the Blogosphere and Media treats his death as near religious-like devotion and worship. This is same Lefty Side of the Blogosphere that - and yes, I do need to remind everyone - expressed glee when Tony Snow announced that he had cancer.
Not long ago Mr. Russert interviewed The Affirmative Action Candidate. Russert lobbed one softball powder puff question at The AAC after another. He was less forgiving and far more obnoxious when he interviewed Conservatives. Well - maybe "obnoxious" isn't the right word, but you get my drift. The only time in my recent memory when he skewered a Liberal was when he interviewed Hillary Clinton.
Russert was a long time water carrier for Liberals like Mario Cuomo, Tip O'Neal and Daniel Moynihan. I suppose their uber-Liberalism had to rub off on him, but he tried not to let it show.
I will leave Mr. Russert's passing as this: He seemed like a genuinely happy man in his demeanor and we hear this from what his associates are saying about him. And happiness is something that seems to elude most Liberals because they are such an unhappy, jealous, joyless, envious, resentful and spiteful bunch. Russert appeared to harbor none of these usual Left of Center characteristics.
I feel sorry for his wife and family. It appears he was well-liked and had many friends. Dying at the age of 58 is too young and for that I feel badly.
Mr. Russert appeared to be one of the few remaining in a dying breed of Happy Liberals. May he rest in peace and be with God.
It makes me wonder what would happen if a right-leaning news person passed away. The MSM would probably be dancing with glee.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.