Monday, June 23, 2008
Billy Cunningham: The King
of Sunday Night Talk Radio
We were discussing Minnesota's Governor Tim Pawlenty and his potential VP slot with Senator John McCain, how Pawlenty has steered Left on issues like ethanol and global warming, the rising cost of oil and gasoline and how we cannot "ethanol" our way out our energy problems, how the economy will start to tank immediately in November should Obama get elected and how I'm not much of a baseball fan even though I know the Minnesota Twins are doing "okay."
And speaking with Mr. Cunningham was awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome. No nervousness or apprehension on my part at all. He has a manner of putting you at ease immediately, just like you're talking with a friend that you've known all your life.
Yep, that was me. The first call he took as he began the second hour of his radio program.
Thanks for taking my call, Mr. Cunningham. It was a pleasure and an honor speaking with you. I'm going to try to get through to talk with you again in the future.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.