Thursday, May 01, 2008
One Hit News
That sounds kinda good!
- - - - -
Milan, Italy to bestow honorary citizenship on Albert "The Global Warming Alarmist" Gore, Junior. Life In Italy
WTF Milan...why are you doing this?
- - - - -
Italy rejects "Wind power, nuclear energy and regasification plants." Corriere Della Sera
Great move! Now revoke that honorary citizenship you're giving Junior Gore!
- - - - -
Internet habits of the Danes exposed. Copenhagen Post:
...the myth that much of people's time on the internet is spent visiting porn sites was refuted by the study's figures.
Organic beer is...wait for it...oh, wait for it...is BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT! Copenhagen Post:
Organic beer production emits substantially more greenhouse gases than ordinary beer.
Public drinking bans enforced! The Prague Post:
Citywide bans were impossible to implement after having been deemed an infringement on basic human rights by the Constitutional Court. However, in July 2007, Ústí nad Labem found a way to establish a number of alcohol-free zones within its city limits.
After two years on the job, just the threat of being Tasered is enough to stop criminals. The Evening Telegraph:
Tayside Police firearms officers have drawn but never discharged the high-voltage tasers they were armed with more than two years ago.
More doubt that humans are the cause of so-called global warming. The Herald:
Global temperatures may not increase over the next decade because of natural variations in the climate which will offset man-made warming, scientists predicted yesterday.
Researchers attempting to model what might happen to the climate of the North Atlantic over a period of decades suggest that the temperature of the sea and Europe and North America may cool slightly.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.