Thursday, May 29, 2008
Mission Foods Receives CAIR Ire
A group of Muslim workers allege they were fired by a New Brighton tortilla factory for refusing to wear uniforms that they say were immodest by Islamic standards.
Six Somali women claim they were ordered by a manager to wear pants and shirts to work instead of their traditional Islamic clothing of loose-fitting skirts and scarves, according to the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a civil liberties group that is representing the women.
The women have filed a religious discrimination complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
"For these women, wearing tight-fitting pants is like being naked," said Valerie Shirley, a spokeswoman for the Minnesota chapter of CAIR. "It's simply not an option."
CAIR issued a press release calling on Mission Foods to reinstate the women in their jobs. However, the group declined to disclose the names of the women and would not make them available for interviews Tuesday.
Gruma Corp., the Irving, Texas-based parent company of Mission Foods, released a written statement Tuesday denying that any employees were terminated or disciplined at the New Brighton plant. However, the company made clear the six women have been relieved of their responsibilities for the time being, and may ultimately lose their jobs if they don't wear uniforms.
"Should these employees choose to adhere to the current Mission Foods uniform policy, they may return to their positions with the company," the company statement said. "However, these positions will need to be filled as soon as possible and cannot be held indefinitely."
A company spokeswoman said she could not provide photographs of the uniforms.
Yeah, no one - no one else - is ever required to wear any type of uniform for safety reasons. Only the Muslims. And they are being picked on because of their faith.
Flight attendants have to wear uniforms. So do people in law enforcement. So do people at fast-food restaurants. Ditto medical personnel, security guards, certain factory workers for safety reasons, members of the clergy, the Military and so on and so on.
If one of the Muslim women had an arm or leg torn off of them because a part of their "religious clothing" got caught in the machinery, of course they would sue, claiming they're "right to safety" wasn't considered.
Ladies, move your hairy asses over to a country with strict Sharia Law that treats you like 4th class citizens and that stones you as punishment for going outdoors alone. It appears that is the culture you desire.
What a crock of bacon.
Remember what I've written before. CAIR stands for "Can't Antagonize Islamo Radicals".
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.