Thursday, May 29, 2008
McClellan Book: "What Happened",
A Brilliant Rovian Distraction
Scott McClennan wrote a book called "What Happened." The book supposedly is a "tell-all"; very critical of the Bush Administration and officials.
The Left is wetting their panties with glee, having orgiastic histrionics because the book criticizes the Administration they love to hate. No one on The Left believed anything McClellan said when he was part of the White House. But we will see The LeftTards do a 180 because what he wrote is appealing to their warped mentality.
Liberals and Progressives are notorious for both their immediate emotional kneejerk reactionism and never scratching beyond the surface of anything. This is how the Left always behaves. They can be counted on to react this way, in the same fashion that Pavlov's dog salivated at the ringing of a bell.
Liberals and Progressives will vilify anyone who has an opposing political ideology. But when that same person says something that agrees with Lefty mantra, oh...then it's the gospel truth, delivered by a man descending from the mountain holding two tablets of commandments.
Here's what I think: McClellan wrote the book the way he did with the express but tacit approval of Karl Rove which allows once again for the Dems to be played like a fiddle.
This book has to be some sort of subterfuge designed to throw the Left an off-course bone; to derail them. It's pure political genius on the part of the Republicans. The Democrats are being "had" once again. They just don't know it yet.
Karl Rove is yanking and pulling the strings of Democrats in a beautifully orchestrated maneuver.
This book does at least three things:
1) It takes the focus off both Obama and Hillary and turns attention back onto the Bush Administration. There is only so much available time for the media to report on any issue and while the MSM is busy reporting on McClellan's book, they reduce their gaa-gaa-goo-goo focus on Obama. Bush, Cheney, Rove and any other Administration official are more than happy to field questions about the book because all they have to do is deflect McClellan's assertions and feign incredulity at its content.
2) It rallies the Conservative base.
3) It gives the Dems a red herring to whine and cry and blog over, which preoccupies and prevents them from promoting
This book is a brilliant execution of politics at its best, but not for the obvious reasons.
I wouldn't be surprised if the McClellan book is a beautifully orchestrated political maneuver by Karl Rove. And Karl, if my take on this is correct - and I think it is - I apologize for letting the cat out of the bag. But we know that my doing this will not in the slightest prevent or dissuade the Insane Liberal Clown Posse from believing that this book is the greatest thing since the Watergate Tapes.
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
It's prominently displayed at the left leaning bookstore in my local mall.
I heard a radio interview with Bugliosi, but I don't recall on what program.
The Left is going to harp on Bush being a murderer forever and ever. And I'm surprised his book is on prominent display at the bookstores. Barnes & Nobles and Borders are notorious for "front and center" display of anti-Conservative books while those written by Conservatives have to be hunted down like they're extinct.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.