.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 30, 2008

Mark Madden Removed From ESPN Radio

ESPN's Mark Madden has been removed from his radio show for comments he made about Ted Kennedy. Associated Content:

    After an on-air opinion which shocked and sickened many ... ESPN Radio 1250 host, Mark Madden has been "permanently removed" from the station's airwaves.

    On May 21, Madden said on his radio show, "I'm very disappointed to hear Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts is near death because of a brain tumor. I always hoped Senator Kennedy would live long enough to be assassinated. And I wonder if he will receive a get well card from the Kopechne family."

    Mary Jo Kopechne died in 1969, while a passenger in a car driven into the water by Senator Kennedy on Chappaquiddick Island, which is near Martha's Vineyard, in Massachusetts. He left the accident scene and waited 10 hours before calling police. Kennedy later pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident where there was bodily injury.

    Hours after the comments, Madden reportedly apologized, but it was apparently too little too late. ESPN, based in Bristol, Connecticut, said Madden's comments were "inappropriate and uncalled for." His last day on the air was May 22.

Let's review statements made by Liberals about Conservatives and see if they are worse than, less than or equal to Madden's statement:

    Liberal Radio Talker Ed Schultz: speaking about the death of Anna Nicole Smith. February 9, 2007:

    "What constitutes a whore? How many men does a woman have to sleep with before she's a whore? I'm just asking."

    Schultz continued on February 12, 2007:

    "Anna Nicole Smith is a dead whore." - 15 minutes into hour one
    "I'm fresh out of sympathy [for Anna Nicole Smith]." - 39 minutes into hour one,

    Ex-Liberal Radio Talker Al Franken: Opening Monologue The Al Franken Show Air America. August 23, 2006:

    "Tom Cruise has been dumped by Paramount. Did Tom Cruise kill Jon Benet Ramsey? Because tragedy plus time equals comedy." [How pathetic can one be to joke about murdered children? Franken finds it funny. - Drake]

    Liberal Radio Talker Stephanie Miller: making fun of Casper Weinberger who died one day earlier. The Stephanie Miller Show - March 20, 2006: "He's in Purgatory now...[making fun of him is fair game] because tragedy plus time [equals comedy]."

    Fired Air America Liberal Talker Mike "No Talent" Malloy, speaking about Ken Lay. The Mike Malloy Show - July 5, 2006: "It's fun to speak ill of the dead."

    Mike Malloy, speaking about U.S. Military Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan on his unlistened to NOVA-M radio program, opening show monologue, September 19, 2007:

    "Let 'em die. ("'Em" being the Men and Women serving in the U.S. Military. - Drake]. "Let 'em bleed. Let 'em come home without limbs. So disfigured and gross you won't want to kiss your son, daughter, father or brother. Keep putting metallic ribbons on your vans and SUVs. Let 'em bleed. Let 'em bleed."

Maybe one of the Chickenhawk Crypto-Facist knuckle-dragging Liberal Drooling Trolls who visit here can tell me what was so bad with what Madden said?

Me? I can't wait for Fat Ted Tumor Head to take that dirt nap and go straight to Hell, because tragedy plus time equals comedy! If we're lucky, Ted Tumor Head will suffer a nice, well-deserved painful death, perhaps sitting in his own soiled diaper for hours. Satan is waiting for you in Hell, Fat Ted.

If it's acceptable for the Left to enjoy the deaths of Conservatives and Republicans, why isn't the reverse acceptable?

©2008

Labels: ,


Comments:
Anything that would constitute growth inside Teddy's giant bloated head would have to be viewed as positive.
 
I wonder if his head will explode like those in the movie "Scanners"?

BOOM! Blood splattered everywhere! And what little brain cells he has left that haven't been destroyed by all his years of boozing!
 
While I consider joking about someone’s impending death to be vile, the hypocrisy you note is blatant and abundant. I don’t necessarily disagree with the decision to ax Madden – I disagree with the absence of axing all the liberalites who do the same damn thing with absolutely no ramifications.
 
Bad - I agree with you in spirit about joking about impending death as being vile.

Here's my thin line of division:

I do not care for Nancy Pelosi. If she was suddenly diagnosed as terminal, I would not treat her in the same manner as I have Ted The Tumor.

Ted The Tumor left Mary Jo Kopechne to die a horrible death. I have no sympathy for him or his terminal illness. Ted has a life full of being a mysoginist.

I am-in instances like Ted Tumor-only adopting the same mindset as the Liberal Talkers mentioned in the post. Some might say, "Dave, why stoop to their level?" Well, it's the only thing people like that recognize or can related to. You have to bring a knife to a knife fight because using only your fists guarantees that you will lose.

I treat those like the Talkers mentioned exactly as they have treated their political opponents.

I also disagree with the firing of Madden...or "his removal" as the story stated.
 
Unfortunately, I will have to disagree with you on a couple points here:

“Some might say, ‘Dave, why stoop to their level?’ Well, it’s the only thing people like that recognize or can related to.”

Perhaps, but it doesn’t do you any justice. One of the greatest powers conservatives have over liberals is the ability to express oneself without using the vile tactics that are so very signature liberal. Be better than them.

“You have to bring a knife to a knife fight because using only your fists guarantees that you will lose.”

Tell that to a Marine. They’ll show you fifty ways to win that fight.

“I also disagree with the firing of Madden”

As is your right. However, I do not. Here is why:

1) The statement itself was vile. I do not condone such notions regardless of whom they are directed towards. Unacceptable behavior is unacceptable.

2) The venue was totally improper. I cannot blame the folks at ESPN for their decision to dismiss him. If he were on a political show, perhaps that might be slightly different. I have to look at it from this standpoint: if I am in charge of a sports show and I am ultimately the one taking the heat for my personnel and their commentary, the choice to dismiss is obvious. Again, this is regardless of whether this commentary is like-minded to my views or not.

Lastly, I fully agree that Ted is a repugnant man for his actions (and inactions) in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. However, none of that changes the fact that joking about impending death is unbecoming of anyone.

I don’t want to come across as wagging my finger at you, David. I’m not. If you were a liberal, I wouldn’t have bothered to comment at all. I comment simply because I think this type of behavior is below someone of your intellect. Ultimately, I don’t think liberal behavior should be emulated by anyone.
 
I misread your original comment. I thought your wrote you didn't necessarily "agree" with Madden being "removed." My fault.

none of that changes the fact that joking about impending death is unbecoming of anyone.

Well, we're going to agree to disagree on that one.

I don’t want to come across as wagging my finger at you, David.

Oh you don't. Not at all.

I think this type of behavior is below someone of your intellect.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Again, we're going to agree to disagree - which is fine by me, as this is something Liberals simply don't understand - and I know what you're saying. If and when the Libs take the lead and modify their standards of expressing some degree of schadenfreude at the illness or death of those they dislike, I will demonstrate the same. This is the only area where I would follow the Liberals rather than take the high road and I almost exclusively do what I do on this when the ill or dead Lib has demonstrated beyond any doubt to be a "hater."

Sean Connery character's quote from the film "The Untouchables":

"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!"

That's how one deals with Rabid Liberals and Progessives (not necessarily the Democrats, but the Rabid Left.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker



Web Site Traffic Counters
Alabama Internet

Listed on BlogShares

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This site uses photographs and material from other sources in strict
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.

Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.