Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Bee Girl, Retro Classic Gold
The late, great, Shannon Hoon
Blind Melon had such great vocal harmonizing.
So I heard 1992's classic No Rain on the radio today.
A great song and an excellent and creative video with perfectly edited use of slow-motion and storytelling of Bee Girl seeking others like her. Note the use of several "dips to black," which no longer appear or are used after Bee Girl locates other, like-minded Bee Dancers. Brilliant. Exquisitely brilliant.
I am such a video geekoid. I admit it.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.