Saturday, April 19, 2008
Ready For 4/20?
Will you be doing anything special to commemorate April 20? Daily Camera:
In 2006, 738,915 Americans were arrested for simple marijuana possession -- no dealing, no associated crimes of property or violence -- according to FBI statistics.
Marijuana enforcement is clogging prisons with people for using a drug that is demonstrably safer than alcohol. That's not to say pot addiction isn't a problem and doesn't sometimes carry with it consequences for the user, from lung disease to lassitude. Marijuana should be decriminalized.
...this Sunday's annual "4/20" smoke-in on the University of Colorado campus will be participating in what is mostly a juvenile stunt. At such counterculture gatherings, held across the nation each April 20, participants get stoned in numbers sufficiently large that sensible law-enforcement agencies, such as those in Boulder, mostly let them have their fun.
[The book] "Pot Culture: The A-Z Guide to Stoner Language," [will be] released on April 20, also known as 4/20, the chosen day for everyone inclined to get together and smoke weed.
Sunday is 4/20...you still have plenty of time to...uh...to do your shopping. Happy 420!
Great to hear from you. Thanks for the input.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.