Wednesday, April 16, 2008
McCain Calls For Gas Tax Suspension
Hillary Clinton is missing a golden moment of political opportunity on this issue. She knows - as does McCain - that the reality of the Feds dropping the tax on gasoline for three months is unlikely to happen. By a large margin. But it sounds good. And a suspension of the federal gas tax for three months is a good idea, but Democrats will never, ever agree to tax reductions, not even those that are temporary. So why isn't Hillary jumping on this bandwagon?
The federal taxes on gasoline is hardest on workers that
The other half of the Libs are poking fun at McCain's idea, but if Obama had suggested the same, it would have been the "hope" in politics and a bold idea that "changed" the face of traditional politics and campaigning. Plus it'll help the environment too, the Sky Is Falling Crowd would chime in.
So - not that she needs my free advice, but Hillary, why aren't you jumping on the bandwagon with McCain on this one?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.