Sunday, April 20, 2008
The eyebrow-raising statistic coming out of this series being noted by sportswriters is that out of a possible 384.23 minutes of ice time in these six games, the Wild only led in scoring for 4 minutes, and 31 seconds. Any team can be doing a lot right on offense and defense, but if you can't sustain a lead - especially in hockey - beyond a few minutes, the chances of winning are...just.not.there.
Colorado deserved to win, they outplayed the Wild. Avalanche fans - as passionate as are Wild fans - must have had partied well into the night in Denver with their home win. The Avalanche are to be congratulated as is their goalie Jose Theodore. If his goal-stopping-streak continues through the playoffs - and there's nothing saying it shouldn't - Colorado seems unbeatable.
Last week in the Montreal Canadiens versus Baaawston Bruins series, Baaawston trailed 1-3. It was thought to be a short matter of time and work until Montreal eliminated them. The Bruins rallied back with damn impressive play tying the series 3-3 with game seven on Monday in Montreal, eh. 6PM. I'm sayin' Montral wins at home.
The Detroit Red Wings wrapped up their series 4-2 by a win of 3-0 in Nashville this afternoon.
San Jose leading Calgary 3-2 in their series. Game 6 tonight in Calgary, 7PM.
Dallas leading the Ducks 3-2 in their series. Ducks in Steerland tonight, 8PM.
The teams over the past week I said would be eliminated, the Devils, Baaawson, Washington and the Ducks, only the Devils have been eliminated. The others are making comebacks.
I have to think that Dallas brings it to an end tonight, winning at home, don't you?
Also, I have to think Calgary closes it up at home against the Sharks, providing an abundant opportunity for Calgarians - is that the right term - to be still be partying at sunrise and hungover all day Monday.
Game 6 of the Flyers vs Capitals Monday night in Philly, Flyers ahead in the series, 3-2.
As is teh Usual, NHL.com has all the 411, baaybeeeee! (in my best Dick Vitale impression).
Labels: NHL 2007-2008
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.