Monday, February 25, 2008
One Hit News
..parliament last night voted in favour of the so-called Err-Huss amendment to the government’s bill on palliative care which decriminalises euthanasia or assisted suicide.
Parties had allowed their representatives to vote with the conscience rather than along party political lines.
Father drives over son, killing him. South Africa News 24:
An 11-month-old boy has died after he apparently crawled under the car and his dad drove over him.
Possible banning of late-night instant credit. News Room Finland:
"It appears that one of the key ways young men run into such shocking debt very quickly is that they are applying for these instant credit schemes in the wee hours and when intoxicated."
- - - - -
Pothole problems? Rapid Rhino to the rescue! Evening Telegraph:
Potholes cause particular problems at this time of year as water gets into cracks in road surfaces, freezes and then expands to cause further damage.
The Rhino technique immediately bonds the repair to the existing surface. Within a short period of time, the repair becomes invisible to the naked eye.
The movie "Deep Throat" draws almost one million kijkers. Kijkers means "viewers." NRC Handelsblad Dutch (translation via Babelfish):
The controversial pornofilm Deep Throat which the broadcastings transmitted BNN and VPROvannacht, has drawn 907,000 kijkers. That becomes clear today from figures of the foundation look research.
The retransmission caused in advance for considerable ophef. (Ophef meaning "noise, commotion, ruckus." - Drake).
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.