Thursday, February 28, 2008
Barack Needs Another Pillow
Hillary Clinton opted to come with a much tougher tone tonight than she did last week in Texas, protectionist sentiment rules the day in Ohio, and Barack Obama takes great umbrage at the notion that his opposition to the Iraq war was "just a speech."
Getting the biggest reaction in the press filing room, though, was the postmodern touch offered by Clinton, who objected to receiving the first question twice in a row at the outset, and invoked a Saturday Night Live skit from last weekend as evidence of a pro-Obama media bias.
"Maybe we should ask Barack if he's comfortable or needs another pillow," she said.
Clinton said rejecting support was different from denouncing it, noting she had "rejected" in her 2000 Senate race the support of a group with anti-Semitic views.
Obama drew laughter by saying, "I happily concede the point and I would reject and denounce."
Even Earl Ofari Hutchinson writing at the HufPuffPoo calls Obama's refusal to say he doesn't want Farrakhan's support a "Dilemma":
Even after Hillary Clinton publicly demanded that he forcefully reject Farrakhan's endorsement, Obama waffled. He weakly said after more Clinton cajoling that he rejected the endorsement. He still did not mention Farrakhan by name. A candidate shouldn't need to be prodded by his opponent to emphatically reject the endorsement of a controversial, and in the case of Farrakhan, much vilified figure.
Yet his failure to flatly say he does not want his endorsement is no surprise.
But, if Obama doesn't blast Farrakhan as an anti-white hate monger that could raise questioning eyebrows with many white voters.
Labels: Ted Kennedy's Poodle
I was hoping Mitt Romney would win the nomination.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.