Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Upper Midwest Swelteringly Frigid
Where's FEMA with a blankie and some hot chocolate or some hot toddies?
Low visibility, blizzard and wind chill closes I-35 at Iowa - Minnesota border. Travel not advised. Radio Iowa:
The National Weather Service has issued blizzard warnings for Iowa for this evening and wind chill advisories through Wednesday morning.
I-35 is closed as you enter the border of Minnesota from Iowa and is closed all the way north to Owatonna [and] that section of I-35 through Minnesota will remain closed until further notice.
Temperature map -10 and falling.
Where's all that global warming Al Gore, Junior is always hyperventilating about?
The wind chill shows -40 where I'm located too in North Dakota. Every other year or so it gets this cold up here for a brief time, however, so you can only look forward.
Stay in touch, I glanced at your site, you do some fine writing.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.