Saturday, January 26, 2008
South Carolina Dem Primary Prediction
The State says - among other things - that John The Sissy Edwards is making a move:
With only a day left before Saturday’s S.C. Democratic presidential primary, the former U.S. senator from North Carolina and S.C. native is making a move, tracking polls suggest.
While still in third, Edwards’ poll numbers have been rising since Monday’s Myrtle Beach debate.
One new poll says Edwards is threatening U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York for second place in South Carolina. However, no poll finds him threatening the S.C. leader, U.S. Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois.
... a less favorable poll for Edwards — from McClatchy/MSNBC, released Thursday — showed Obama favored by 38 percent of S.C. voters, Clinton at 30 percent and Edwards at 19 percent. An Ebony/Jet magazine poll was similar. It has Obama at 37 percent, Clinton at 27 percent and Edwards at 15 percent.
According to the latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll, Edwards has gained 4 percentage points since Wednesday and is the choice of 19 percent of likely voters. Obama maintains the S.C. lead at 39 percent but his lead is down 4 percentage points over Clinton from a day earlier.
Zogby poll also found Obama’s support among black voters has slipped by 9 points, to 56 percent. Edwards’ support among African-Americans, previously negligible, had risen to 5 percent.
Edwards also is up in a SurveyUSA Election Poll taken Tuesday and Wednesday.
He claimed 22 percent of the vote, up 7 percentage points from a week ago. Obama continued to lead at 45 percent, unchanged from last week, and Clinton tallied 29 percent, down 7 percentage points.
If you live by the polls, pre-polling, exit polling - whatever - and think that the polls are reflective of the accuracy of voting, or that voters are being honest with the pollsters, I have ocean front property in Saskatchewan to sell you where the temperature year round never dips below 76 degrees. Honest!
Okay, here's my prediction for South Carolina:
Nothing is going to stop Hillary from stealing the White House in November. Nothing.
Labels: Predictions 2008
I am THRILLED you think the "Communists" and "Dems" thing is a joke, but really, it's not. There is no difference between them. Tomato - To-mah-to - just like that kind of thing.
You're not Al Franken, are you?
I will keep up the good work, too! Thanks for noticing.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.