Tuesday, January 29, 2008
One Hit News
A judge revoked the $2 million bond Monday for indicted businessman Antoin "Tony" Rezko, who has raised thousands of dollars for Barack Obama and Illinois politicians.
U.S. District Judge Amy J. St. Eve said she grew concerned after learning Rezko received $3.5 million from a company in Lebanon; he had claimed that he had no income. St. Eve said she feared Rezko could be a flight risk.
New poll shows Norwegians opposed to joining European Union. Aftenposten:
Fully 54.3 percent of those responding said they would vote against seeking EU membership, while 34.6 percent said they would vote in favour of EU membership. Just over 11 percent said they were undecided.
After being cremated...artificial joints, hip replacement screws and other spare parts are being re-used. Copenhagen Post:
The parts include screws, steel thread, plates, splints and other material that can be re-used to patch up broken bones or slipped hips.
'We're talking about relatively expensive material here and have therefore struck a deal with a Dutch company who collects the pieces after cremation,' said cemetery manager, Aksel Stigaard from Holstebro.
Is your home polluting the environment? Is your home climate-change friendly? If not, The European Energy Network (ENR) may be quite upset with you. BBC:
..the European Commission needs to take some leadership and set a timetable for all new buildings around Europe to be zero-carbon," said Philip Sellwood, chief executive of Britain's Energy Saving Trust (EST), an ENR member.
- - - - -
Tyson Foods accused of lying about its chicken being "raised without antibiotics. Courthouse News Service
- - - - -
What IS that image on Mars? CNet News
(I'd be inclined to guess that it is Dennis Kookcinich looking for delegates but the image is too tall to be Imp Boy.)
"Britain has introduced energy performance certificates and set a target of building only zero-carbon homes from 2016.
Even so, Mr Sellwood says the government has not set up the support mechanisms needed to encourage householders to invest in energy saving measures."
Yes. Those support mechanisms would be known as the Gestapo, except instead of being run by Nazis, the new Gestapo would be run by green shirt wearing greentards. The greentards won't be happy until everybody is living cardboard boxes. Feck these people are stupid.
Why? Why? Why didn't we just let the Russians have the Eurotrash Zone? The USSR would have fallen apart years earlier than it did and it wouldn't have cost us a dime.
Oh and let me add... Somewhere in America, Al Gore is burning copious amounts of fossil fuels.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.