Sunday, January 27, 2008
Hussein Obama Wins South Carolina Primary
Landslide margins among black voters fueled Barack Obama to his win Saturday in South Carolina's Democratic presidential primary, allowing him to overcome the edge that Hillary Rodham Clinton and John Edwards had among whites.
Clinton and Edwards split the white vote about equally, with each getting nearly four in 10 of their votes and Obama getting about a quarter. Obama got more than a third of the white vote in the year's first contest in Iowa, where nearly all the voters were white — enough for him to win in that state.
Returns from 24% of the state's precincts showed Mr Obama winning 53%, Mrs Clinton on 27% and Mr Edwards on 19%.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.