Monday, January 28, 2008
The Drunk Endorses The Muslim
...liberal lion Edward Kennedy snubbed the Clintons and backed Barack Obama as the inspirational heir to his slain brother, John F. Kennedy.
In a stinging rebuff to Obama's White House rival Hillary Clinton, the Massachusetts senator said it was time for new leadership, with new ideas, to "turn the page on the old politics of misrepresentation and distortion."
"And in Barack Obama, I see not just the audacity, but the possibility of hope for the America that is yet to be," the 75-year-old patriarch of the tragedy-scarred clan told a raucous rally at Washington's American University.
"I know that he's ready to be president on day one. And when he raises his hand on Inauguration Day, at that very moment, we will lift the spirits of our nation and begin to restore America's standing in the world."
Above image found via Google images located at Mad Mikey's Blog.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.