Thursday, December 20, 2007
Jingle Bell Rock - Idol Style
"Rebel Yell", "White Wedding", "Dancing With Myself" - all very good tunes. But it's Idol's version of "Hot In The City" that - I think - is fantastic. (Note the Warholian artistic influences in the "Hot In The City" video.)
The other item that I appreciate about Idol's "Jingle Bell Rock" video is the editing, so all you tech-heads listen up. Watch the editing. Technology has made video and film editing relatively easy from a physical standpoint. That's not what I'm talking about. It's the conceptualization of the editing that is often difficult - and this video is remarkable in its successful execution of editing. Or maybe I'm just too geeky when it comes to editing.
Anyway, this is Idol's version of "Jingle Bell Rock". He does a good job with it and he looks like he's having fun and a good time performing it.
Labels: Christmas Music
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.