Friday, December 21, 2007
Eco Boat Powered By Human Fat
It's been replace by a human-fat fueled eco-boat. The Daily Mail:
The fastest eco-boat on the planet will attempt to break the round the world speed record using fuel made from human fat.
Pete Bethune, the New Zealand skipper of Earthrace, said the attempt to circumnavigate the globe would begin from Valencia in Spain on March 1 next year.
From the start in Valencia the boat will cross the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans and travel through the Panama and Suez Canals..
From there the boat will cross the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans as it thunders along the planet's circumference at a maximum speed of 40 knots.
Please east lots of Big Macs,
And you'll be part of our crew!
Soon will be rounding the globe next year,
We've got a big fat crew, thus no fuel fear!
The Eco Boat!
The Earthrace Fuel Crew (left to right): Michael Moore, Rob Reiner, Joy Behar, Rosie O'Donnell
Bethune detailed his itinerary:
"We leave Valencia, Spain and will easily cross the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal and the tip of Mexico powered by Moore. Then Reiner will sail us through two-thirds of the Pacific. We tap O'Donnell's massive fat reserves as we near the area north of Australia and she gets us to approximately 1,000 miles east of Africa. Then Behar propels us with ease from that point homeward. It's a cinch!"
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.