Friday, November 09, 2007
Mike Opat Carjacked!
Hennepin County Commissioner Mike Opat escaped with some bumps and bruises and a scratched forehead but lost his Jeep when he was accosted by two robbers outside his Robbinsdale home.
Opat said he was about to get into his Jeep about 10 p.m. Tuesday when he saw two strangers approaching, nodded in greeting and turned to slip the key into the lock of the vehicle. Then he was hit with the butt of a sawed-off shotgun, knocked down and punched.
The former corrections officer says he grabbed the gun barrel, wrestled with the robbers and was able to break free and run down the alley to a neighbor's home.
Opat says the robbers fled in the 1999 Jeep, taking his wallet, cell phone and Blackberry.
Robbinsdale police recovered the Jeep but haven't made any arrests.
And what the hell is little Mikey Opat - a proud Tax and Spend Little Eichmann - doing driving a gas-guzzling SUV?
And why is Mikey Opat living out in the 'burbs? I thought Stalinist mentality Liberalism was to center the populous living in the city limits - in this case Minneapolis - living in stacked housing right next to the Light Rail line? Whattsamatter, Mikey, you talk the talk but won't walk the walk? Hmmmm, typical, typical Liberal, aren't 'ya!
Of course, this incident allows Mikey to claim official "Victim" status. KSTP News:
"I'm not the only victim in this. All of my neighbors are. And that's unacceptable," Opat said.
Well, you know the old saying that goes something along the lines of, "A Democrat is really a Republican who just hasn't yet been robbed."
I'm not saying that it's funny when Liberals are robbed - oh, no - I'm most definitely not saying that at all. Not me. Not on this blog. I wouldn't do that. Nope.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.