Thursday, November 22, 2007
I ran across the below item a while ago and Thanksgiving seems to be an appropriate day to run it.
Although I would like nothing more than to acknowledge, attribute and give kudos to the person who wrote it, it is said that the author is unknown. If you know who wrote it, please let me know.
In all that Thanksgiving means and why it is celebrated, let us never forget that - like Veterans Day - we are able to celebrate the freedoms that we have because it is the Soldier that has allowed us to do so.
No Regrets About Today
by: Author Unknown, Source Unknown
If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you fall asleep, I would tuck you in more tightly, and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.
If I knew it would be the last time that I see you walk out the door, I would give you a hug and kiss, and call you back for one more.
If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise, I would video tape each word, so I could play them back day after day.
If I knew it would be the last time, I could spare an extra minute or two to stop and say "I love you," instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.
If I knew it would be the last time, I would be there to share your day, well I'm sure you'll have so many more, so I can let just this one slip away.
For surely there's always tomorrow to make up for an oversight, and we always get a second chance to make everything right.
There will always be another day to say our "I love you," And certainly there's another chance to say our "Anything I can do?"
But just in case I might be wrong, and today is all I get, I'd like to say how much I love you and I
hope we never forget.
Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike And today may be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight...
So if you're waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today? For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret the day...
...That you didn't take that extra time for a smile, a hug, or a kiss and you were too busy to grant someone, what turned out to be their one last wish.
So hold your loved ones close today, whisper in their ear, Tell them how much you love them and that you'll always hold them dear.
Take time to say "I'm sorry," "please forgive me." "thank you" or "it's okay." And if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets about today.
- - - - -
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.