Sunday, October 21, 2007
Sunday Night Movie Picks
Classic Sports Cable runs the 1974 original version of "The Longest Yard", starring Burt Reynolds, Eddie Albert and Ed Lauter. Directed by the great Robert Aldrich. It airs twice, from 7-9PM and again 9-11PM Central Time.
TCM - Turner Classic Movies - runs the fantastic 1978 film, "Heaven Can Wait", directed and starring Warren Beatty (co-director Buck Henry), with a stellar supporting cast, including: Dyan Cannon, Julie Christie, Buck Henry and late Jack Warden and James Mason. Warden as Max the head football trainer and Mason as Mr. Jordon shine in their respective roles - each turning in magnificent performances. 9-11PM Central Time
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.