Saturday, September 22, 2007
Saturday Night Movie Recommendation
Shot in gorgeous, drop-dead (no pun intended) black and white, "Psycho" is one of a handful of perfectly made films, acted so well and edited with such perfection...it is, in my opinion, Hitchcock's "Citizen Kane".
It airs on the AMC channel at 8PM Eastern Time - check your local television listings.
Two interesting trivia items:
The opening music during the credits is all strings and string instruments. It sounds like an entire orchestra, using all big band instruments - but it's not - it's all strings and it's phenomenal.
The other item: See the guard closing the door of the jail cell near the end of the film? Look quickly, because it's - yep it is - Ted Knight, better known as WJM-TV anchorman Ted Baxter on the "Mary Tyler Moore" sitcom and, of course, Judge Smails from "Caddyshack."
And I think Norman brought Candy Corn into the mainstream with that movie.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.