Tuesday, September 04, 2007
No Bologna Homosapiens
In Dakota County Jail
Inmates at the Minnesota Dakota County jail are complaining of the menu: bologna sandwiches. For supper they are served bologna sandwiches Monday through Friday and again on weekends. Why, this is outrageous! They should be dining on filet mignon and lobster, right?
From The St. Paul Pioneer Press, aka TwinCities.com:
[Inmates are served] two turkey bologna sandwiches and a small side dish of fruit per inmate, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
[On weekend and holiday] there's hot foot at 10AM followed by - you guessed it - bologna sandwiches at night.
The Minnesota Department of Corrections has defended the bologna-only dinner regimen, noting that each year, the county has a dietician [sic] review the jail's cuisine, which she found average a healthy 2,700 calories daily per inmate.
"Please look into these civil rights that are being violated. Inmates are very hungry here," [wrote one prisoner in a complaint about the food].
David Bellows, chief deputy of the county sheriff's department, noted jails are mostly short-term holding facilities, with inmates averaged no more than seven or eight days behind bars.
"Don't do the crime if you can't do the crime."
Enjoy those bologna sandwiches. Be thankful you're not being served road kill. Or tofu.
Yes, we're no bologna, we're homosapiens
We're not phoney
Yeah, we're no bologna homosapiens
Yes, we're no bologna, homosapiens
Take it back with ya
We're no bologna homosapiens
No bologna, homosapiens.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.