Sunday, August 05, 2007
Mister Softee Selling More Than Ice Cream
A driver for Mister Softee ice cream trucks in New York was busted for selling marijuana and cocaine to "certain customers". NY Daily News:
For certain customers, Jermaine Jordan, 26, of St. Albans, would double-cup his cold concoctions - tucking the drugs neatly between the two containers and giving new meaning to the term coke float, authorities said.
"People would approach and place their order," a police source said. "The bottom of their cup would contain their purchase, either cocaine or marijuana."
Jordan was arrested as he made his usual stop in front of Intermediate School 8 in South Jamaica - just as kids were being dismissed from summer camp, police said.
Parents outside IS 8 said they were disgusted by the alleged drug-dealing - especially since the suspect is a man they had come to know from his three years of driving the ice-cream truck.
"We trusted this guy. We send kids out there every day. I feel betrayed," said Donald Williams, 53, who regularly gave money to his granddaughter for ice cream.
"I been here for 40 years and ain't never would've thought Mister Softee was dealing drugs. Not Mister Softee."
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.