Monday, August 13, 2007
Kate Parry: Tales Of Star Tribune Greatness
Kate Parry is the Reader's Rep of the Minneapolis Red Star Communist Manifesto Tribune, the super-duper-uber-Liberal Minneapolis newspaper. In her Sunday, August 12 column "First a scramble, then a very long, sad night" (via preceding link/hypertext), she informs readers of several instances of Star Tribune greatness; how reporters covering a story were immediately redirected to cover the collapse of the I-35W bridge as soon as that news was relayed via police scanners.
She tells us of reporters and employees on their way home who, upon hearing of the bridge tragedy, turned their vehicles around and returned to the Star Tribune offices. By the way, Kate, why so many employees in their own private vehicles when the Star Trib is such an advocate of public transportation and light rail?
She writes of reporters being shocked upon witnessing the calamity of wreckage and carnage of the bridge collapse. It's a good thing she informs readers of this, for we're not intelligent enough to think that could be the case.
A pointless column indeed, touting what a newspaper is supposed to do when a catastrophic event occurs. So employees of the Star Trib did what they are supposed to do when the I-35W Bridge collapsed; they did their jobs and reported the news.
Wow Kate, let's all wallow in your self-congratulatory column. You did what a news organization is supposed to do. I'm impressed...not. What a waste of precious newspaper column inches.
Don't pull a trapezius muscle patting yourself on the back.
Labels: Kate Parry
"Oh - oh - SNAP - there goes that trapezius muscle. Ouch, how it hurts!" said Kate Parry!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.