Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Joe Lieberman Knows What's Going On
Lieberman, interviewed by The Hill, said:
“I think either [Democrats] are, in my opinion, respectfully, naive in thinking we can somehow defeat this enemy with talk, or they’re simply hesitant to use American power, including military power,” Lieberman said in a wide-ranging interview with The Hill.
“There is a very strong group within the party that I think doesn’t take the threat of Islamist terrorism seriously enough.”
“I fear that some people take this position also because anything President Bush is for, they’ll be against, and that’s wrong,” said Lieberman, a staunch advocate of the war. “There’s a great tradition in our history of partisanship generally receding when it comes to foreign policy. But for the moment we’ve lost that.”
“Now that he knows he can win as an independent, he doesn’t need the Democrats at all,” said Kenneth Dautrich, a professor of public policy at the University of Connecticut. “I think it’s absolutely emboldened him.”
There is a lengthy laundry list of issues where I disagree with Mr. Lieberman. His past voting record has indeed been very, very Liberal; far more Liberal in his voting record than Nevada's Real Estate Mogul Harry Reid. But Reid gets a Free Pass from the Insane Liberal Clown Posse while Lieberman does not. Why? Because Lieberman agrees with President Bush on the War on Terror and Harry Reid does not. It's that simple, that black and white, that transparent.
I don't think another terrorist attack on our domestic soil would change the uber-Liberals one bit - somehow, they'd find a way to say it was "our fault". Nothing will wake these people up. Terrorism is a political tool for them, nothing more. Nobody plays the Fear Card like the Liberals do...nobody.
I mean, it's not like they can't get across our borders or anything...
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.