Friday, August 31, 2007
Betty McCollum Favors Gas Tax Hike
Before revisiting the site of the collapsed Interstate 35W bridge in Minneapolis, the St. Paul Democrat said, "over the past 20 years, we have not been reinvesting in infrastructure... the way we need to support the common good of our country. The bill's coming due."
Asked how she would pay that bill, McCollum replied, "I believe we need to look at the gas tax."
She didn't say how large a gas tax increase she would support...
And what's this "reinvesting" euphemism? Is that code for, "We've taxed you for roads and bridges but instead of spending that money on roads and bridges we diverted those funds and spent much of it on mass transit and refugees so we have to RE-TAX you not only again but at a higher rate"? Yeah - that's what I think she means by "reinvesting".
Betty McCollum is another Bleeding Heart, Tax and Spend Liberal who works tirelessly at importing refugees to Minnesota.
Hey, Betty - how about taking care of our own people first? Oh no, that wouldn't be Liberal, would it?
Betty McCollum is an idiot and a douchebag. Why can't the Republican Party of Minnesota find someone to run against her and knock her saggy ass out of the House of Representatives? Hell, I'll run against her. Let me know, Repub Party.
"Here we come, to live on your street.
Helped you out with Vietnam, but we got beat...
Hey-hey! We're the Hmong-ees. We are moving up to the Northland; don't you try and stop us from takin' over your deer stand!..."
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.