Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Terror Note Found In Cab, Linked To Shooting?
A search warrant filed in Hennepin County connects a shooting investigation to a possible terror plot.
According to court documents, four Somali teenage males were riding in a cab on June 24 the same night a man was shot in the chest around 9:00 p.m.
Video surveillance at the Glendale Housing Projects captured the cab fleeing near the scene of the shooting.
Police were able to identify the taxicab and located the vehicle at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport four days later.
Inside the cab, police found a handwritten note describing acts of terrorism and bombings.
Police questioned an 18-year-old relative of the cab owner who confessed to being the driver of cab on June 24.
Minneapolis Police turned the terrorism note over to federal authorities and said they will "Further aid in their investigation of possible acts of terrorism against Unites States."
Taxi drivers at the airport on Wednesday told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that they thought it was all a joke.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.